Last week, Nintendo announced that Mario Strikers: Battle League will be getting some new content – including new characters, a new stadium, and even some new equipment.
This same update is now officially live – adding Pauline and Diddy Kong to the game. There is also the new Planetoid stadium where the game is played. There are also some tweaks and fixes to further improve the overall gameplay. Here are all the details via Nintendo’s official support page:
Ver. 1.2.0 (Released on September 21, 2022)
- Added “Pauline” as a playable character.
- Added “Diddy Kong” as a playable character.
- Added “Planetoid” stadium.
- Added the “Barrel” equipment set.
- Added “Attacker Ranking” to main menu. Compete by comparing your individual abilities over a period of time with a “Skill Score”, which varies based on your performance in online matches (excluding Battle Friends).
- Added the following content to “Strikers Club”.
- You can now customize the fans in the stadium. Access this by going to “Club Management” → “Stadium” → “Supporters”.
- You can now use coins to watch fireworks and confetti when you score a goal or win a match. Access this by going to “Club Management” → “Match Celebration”.
- Adjusted behavior so that CPU teammates tag opponents faster.
- Adjusted character order when changing characters.
- Adjusted recharge time for Perfect Free Passes and Perfect Free Passes.
- Increased amount of coins and tokens you earn depending on match results.
- Changed the time period for the Strikers Club rule, which states that a club will not be allowed to join a season if no member of the club has been online for a certain period of time, from 90 days to 30 days.
- Changed number? Blocks thrown to the losing team at the beginning of the game from 2 to 1 when the difference in the score is 2 points.
- Adjusted matchmaking system in online matches.
- Made several other game balance adjustments and fixed several other issues to improve the gameplay experience.
Have you downloaded this update yet? Noticed something else? Comment below.